Return to Play Guidelines for basketball
As we return to play, the City of Greenville Parks and Recreation is committed to the health and safety of all players, coaches, parents, families and residents within our communities. These Return to Play Guidelines set forth the precautions that the City of Greenville intends to undertake for fall youth sports in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. These guidelines are based on recommendations from the CDC and the SCDHEC.
Individual decisions as to whether a child should participate in any City of Greenville activities is solely the decision of that child’s parents. If anyone is not comfortable returning to play, then they should not participate. To the extent anyone decides to participate, the City of Greenville requires compliance by all involved with these guidelines below for the health and safety of all in attendance.
• Players must wear a mask when not on playing on the court.
• Our staff will be responsible for player screenings before entering the facility.
• Spectators, Coaches and Staff are required to wear a mask.
• Game officials will wear their mask into the gymnasium with the option of taking it off to call the game.
• Social and physical distancing will be practice on the bleachers per CDC guidelines.
• Players/coaches must hand sanitize before and after all games/practices.
• Wash hands with soap and water frequently.
• Avoid touching your face including eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Players are required to bring their own adequate supply of water to each practice/game.
• All practice and game material will be sanitized after each session.
• If you, your child, or anyone your child has been in contact with or is diagnosed with COVID-19, immediately notify the City of Greenville Athletics.
• Familiarize yourself with and follow CDC guidelines as well as those of the local health authorities.