Street Performers

Street Performance Permit

Individuals wishing to perform for gratuities on City owned or operated sidewalks, plazas, parks and other public spaces are required to obtain a street performance permit at least 24 hours prior to performing. Street Performers wishing to renew their permit must go through the complete application process again.

Street Performance includes: acting, dancing, imitating statues, juggling, magic tricks, playing music, reciting, singing, stilt walking and unicycling. Excluded performances are:

Man playing banjo on Main Street
  • Performances with flames or fireworks are excluded without written authorization from the City Fire Marshal.
  • Performances with knives, daggers, swords and similar sharp instruments are excluded without written authorization from the Greenville Police Department.
  • Performances with chalk drawings on sidewalks are excluded without written authorization from the City’s Public Works Department Director.
  • Performances with live animals are excluded.

More Information

For more information, please review the Street Performance Ordinance and 2020-2021 Application , or contact the Special Events Division at 864-467-4494.

UPDATE:  We are not accepting 2020-2021 Street Performer Applications at this time.  Please check back periodically for updated information.